Monday, April 7, 2014

River Safari with family

I've been to River Safari before but i only had the chance to only see the Panda's because the rest of the park isn't ready yet. River Safari was open in late November 2013. I've had my internship at the Singapore Zoo before but i have yet to visit River Safari and have a full tour around the park. Thanks to my cousin who got free tickets, my family and i finally had the chance to visit River Safari for the first time!!


I was shocked to see some of my friends that i made during the Halloween Event last year. They're working as a part-timer and now, i regret not choosing River Safari as one of my choices for my internship. But it's alright! 

The main thing to look forward for when you're visiting River Safari is the boat ride. The boat ride will bring you around all the rivers around the world (that's the reason why it's called River Safari.) 
like the River Nile, Amazon River and more rivers that you can find around the world! But, if you can't get any tickets for the boat ride, no worries! You can still view 85% of the other rivers on foot!

I honestly think that the only best thing about River Safari is the aquarium and the monkey area. I was expecting more fun of River Safari but sadly, I don't find anything that interest me except for the Panda's? I didn't get to see much animals on display due to the crowd in the park on that day! 








Like i said earlier on, the only display that interest me is the Panda's. Luck wasn't on our side because one of the panda's was kept in its den and the other one was sleeping even though it is on display. It's okay, I've seen the pandas before so i'm not sad that i didn't get to take pictures of the panda! The Red Panda is adorable though! It keeps on climbing up and down the trees branch. 

Overall, my trip to the River Safari was a so-so trip. I don't think i'll come back anytime soon unless i have free tickets and of course, the next time I'm visiting River Safari, I'll make sure that I will come early in the morning so that i can the tickets for the boat ride before it sells out! I still think that River Safari will be good for tourist because you can't actually find a park with a theme of a river anywhere else in South East Asia? At least that's what i know! 

I'll be back in 5-10 years time, River Safari! 


Hope this post helps! 
Love,
Athirah.

No comments:

Post a Comment