Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ignored.

Ignored. I'm sure everyone has ever felt that way before. Being ignored by your family and friends. Family don't usually ignore each other unless they really hate you or something but i'm sure everyone has ever been ignored by a friend or you ignore a friend. What i'm about to share today in this blog post are things that i have gone through sometime ago...


I just don't understand myself sometimes. 

I put in effort to show to others that i love them and care for them but none of them realized it. During my secondary school days, i had so many crushes on guys. Some were REAL crushes and the others was just a normal crush. There's this guy in my class whom i like so much, i gave him signals, made efforts to show to him that i'm interested in him indirectly but...nothing worked out. I had to confess to him and... I GOT REJECTED. 
I don't understand why. Maybe it was just too early for everything? Maybe. I feel ignored after the confession that i made to him. Everything was just so awkward at that point of time. 
(but we're somehow close friends now, we will text each other once in a while and i'm thankful for that.) He's now a history, lol. 

Last year, 2013.
(I know, i was in a relationship last year but it only lasted for 2 weeks or so, i can't remember) 
There's this guy that i met at another college. Again, he's just another crush but...
I was interested in him so much just like when i like that guy in my secondary school days. We met twice. I still remember i had butterflies in my stomach when i met him 
at Starbucks with my friends. I think he knew that i sort of have a crush on him but he didn't make it obvious, i guess? My friends was so supportive of me liking him, well, that's the least that i know? Maybe they don't but they act like they do. I don't know. 
We talked, we mentioned each other on Twitter and then in December, it was his birthday. He like donuts, strawberries and he wished to get a helium balloon for his 17th birthday (that's what he tweeted on Twitter)
I, woke up early in the morning to travel all the way to downtown Singapore, to get donuts and strawberries. Travel to two different places, to get all the stuff FOR HIM. 
YES, FOR HIM. 
I waited, 2 hours under his apartment block. I didn't had his number at that time so i sent him a Direct Message on Twitter to let him know that i was waiting downstairs with presents for him since it's his birthday. He came down and i could see that he was quite shocked.  We took some pictures and then i left. 

I know, if we like someone, we have to put in the effort to let them know or at least make them notice us. 

My 18th Birthday. 
My girlfriends, invited him(that guy that i suprised) to celebrate my 18th birthday together. He told my girlfriends that he will come to celebrate my birthday in return to what i did for his birthday but...the night before my birthday, he backed off. He told one of my girls that he couldn't make it and therefore we should just go ahead without him. I didn't know that he was invited until he texted me and say "I'm sorry i couldn't make it to your birthday but i'll make it up to you one day with donuts."  
I was shocked. I never thought that my friends will actually invite him. I told him that its fine that he couldn't join us (hoping that he will actually change his mind and actually go.)

Up till today...he never came back to make it up to me. We mentioned each other on Twitter sometimes and there was once he said "oh i still haven't get you donuts." and i was happy that he remembered but yeah, still no sign of him up till today. And guess what? 5 months has passed, he had a girlfriend, broke up with her and now he's dating another girl. I'm sure he dated more than 2 or 3 girls in the past 5 months. 

I was there all along, waiting for him, not like i want him so badly that i would jump down a building. But, all i wanted was him to just notice what i did for him. I know its not that much but i put in so much efforts but everything just doesn't get to where i want it to be. I don't know if i'm cursed or what but seriously...i have made so much efforts in letting someone know that i care for them and all i ever get in return is...
BEING AND GETTING IGNORED. 
It's not fun. 

I'm more stable now like i'm happy with my life being around  my family and friends. I think that the guys that I've dated previously has made me change my perspective of guys. I think that most guys are the same, except some. If you're lucky enough, you will find someone that is not the same like the rest. Therefore, after all this that happened to me in my past, i have finally made a decision that i'm just gonna let everything go with the flow, wait for the right time and all i want to do now is to cherish and ENJOY life as much as i can because i'm not sure if i'm guaranteed another day to live my life. 

I will wait for that right person to come and prove to me that not all guys are the same. I will wait for the day to come. 
Trust me, being happy is the best thing the world. 
I know i'm stronger than this. 

I just hope that one day, all this people will realized those that are standing right in front of their eyes all this while.. and regret the things that they did not do rather than the things that they did. (: 

Love, 
Athirah (: 




No comments:

Post a Comment