Saturday, December 21, 2013

Malacca Trip: Day 1

Blogging in my hotel room right now! Hello everyone! I've reached Malacca safely yesterday in the afternoon. I didn't get to sleep last night because i was too excited for this trip. I actually spent time watching two movies before getting up at 3:30am.

Left the house and went to meet up with my other cousins who are going for this trip and we left Singapore in the morning at 6am. The journey from Singapore to Malacca will take around 3 hours but all of us took a longer time because we went to the resting area and had a short rest. 

The hotel that i'm currently staying is...Mahkota Parade Hotel in Malacca. I thought this hotel will be a amazing 4 star hotel because i'm actually staying in a apartment room. What i can say about this hotel is that...THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER BEEN TO IN MALAYSIA! Why?!

- They made us wait for 2 hours for them to clean up and make the room. 
- The toilet bowl flush is broken. 
- The exterior design of the hotel looks really nice and cozy, but the minute i walk down the corridors of the hotel, it gives me a chill down the spine. 
-YOU HAVE TO GO DOWN TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM TO IRON YOUR CLOTHES. They don't provide ironing boards to your room. 
- Every extra bed that is requested will be charged at $77.70 per DAY! (Can you imagine how much it'll cost?! I might as well get another room.) 

Look at the exterior design of the hotel surroundings.


I won't go further about this hotel. All i can say is that this is not a good hotel to recommend around to your friends. 

Ratings: 2/10 

Nonetheless, we got to explore Malacca today. We had dinner at a local malay rice restaurant. And this is what i ate for my early dinner. 

I was told by my friend that when i come to Malacca, i must try out the Chicken Rice Ball but it isn't halal so obviously i won't try it out! 

We then went for some grocery shopping to stock up food in our room for the next 3 days. We shopped at Parkson and Giant and head off to Jonker Street and Hard Rock Cafe to experience the night life in Malacca. We also got to see the Malacca River Cruise boat and the hotel that is near the sea which is the Casa Del Rio, Malacca. 





Jonker Streets reminds me of Chaktuchak market in Bangkok. I managed to get some accesories for myself before going back to the hotel. 


Basically, thats what i did on my first day here in Malacca. Will update tomorrow xx 

Love, 
Athirah 

No comments:

Post a Comment